"Holiday Decorating Contest - The Judges . . . "


Greetings,

I hope y'all are as excited as I am about this year's Holiday Decorating Contest!  We had such a great time last time - and I can't wait to see what everyone has been up to in their houses this year.  But, what's a contest without a panel of celebrity judges - so, without further ado - let me introduce . . .

Tobi Fairley

Tobi Fairley, founder and owner of Tobi Fairley Interior Design, based in Little Rock, Arkansas, has a bold, modern sense of colour and style.  Featured last year on the cover of the "blue issue" of House Beautiful, Tobi is also a highly recognized blogger and (because I've heard her - a very inspirational) public speaker.  Tobi brings a dash of Southern hospitality to our panel.


Grant K. Gibson

Grant Gibson, my fellow San Francisco interior designer, was named by Elle Decor Magazine in 2010 as "Five Designers to Watch" - and has built an incredible following around the country.   Grant brings his classic lines and particularly European sense of style to our collection of judges.  

Kathryn Greeley

Known for her gracious entertaining and expert knowledge of tabletop collections, Kathryn Greeley was primed to create her first book, which garnered national media coverage on the radio and in print. The Collected Tabletop's notable features include Texas Home & Living, Carolina Home & Garden, SAVORNC, and the Martha Stewart Living Radio show.  


Ronda Rice Carman

A Texan.  Living in Scotland.  Ronda brings a worldly perspective to our group.  Originally best known for her noted blog, All The Best - Ronda is now one of the important voices commenting on interior design.  Besides the work on her blog, she is also writing for the Huffington Post, The New York Social Dairy, and her first book is being published by Rizzoli in early 2013.   

Megan Arquette

Megan's amazing blog, Beach Bungalow 8, has been an inspiration of mine for years.  I have always loved her beachy, bohemian style . . . and I know she'll definitely bring a perfectly 'coastal' vibe to our panel.  Megan also holds the distinction of being the first blogger that I met in person after I began writing myself.  We still laugh about the four and a half hour breakfast we spent together . . . laughing and getting to know each other. 

Michael Devine

After spending years in the magazine world, Michael began his own custom textile business in 2006.  His fabrics have been featured in numerous shelter magazines and in showcase homes around the country.  As well as his bustling fabric and accessory business, he is an avid and noted gardener - I'm curious to have his reactions to all those trees and garlands y'all are busily making. 

And keep an eye out.  I'll be announcing this year's prizes soon.

Cheers,
Scot

Comments

Bruce Barone said…
What a great group of people. I had the pleasure of meeting Tobi, and her mom, Beverly, at High Point recently.

And I met Kathryn there, too. She is just so beautiful and warm.

Now, I look forward to getting to know the other judges---and submitting my entry!
Renée Finberg said…
whoa

the judges......:0
Anita Diaz said…
What an incredible group of people! I'm kind of afraid to send anything in, but it sounds like so much fun!!

Popular Posts